1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video on Ally

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joelshort, Feb 7, 2011.

1. joelshort

joelshort Member

I know the Ally isn't exactly an entertainment powerhouse, but is smooth video playback possible with recoded videos? Youtube videos run smoothly, but when I try to play movies etc the playback is choppy.

Is there a guide I could follow for preparing videos for playback on Android devices, specifically the Ally?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Did you always have the playback issues? A couple of us had the issues after the rom. No biggy though. Easy fix. And yes, it's not a powerhouse, but it plays wvga(800x480) Mp4 and Divx files nicely. I just wish the speaker was not so cruddy. Check out the link. It may have the answer to the video problem. There is even a script that is supposed to make it easier if you are running Velocity 1.0.
    http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/273100-velocity-1-0-video-codec-fix.html

3. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

It's a matter of transcoding it properly. Try WinFF, and select the WVGA Android profile. play the resultant file (Try a short one first), and see. I know on my Ally WVGA Android profile works great.

4. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast

I downloaded WinFF based on your recommendation. I don't see a WVGA Android profile listed. Under Google Android it has:

Google Android compatible video
    Google Android compatible video. Video bitrate: 480 kb/s
    Google Android video. VHQ 16:9 widescreen
    Google Android video. VHQ 4:3 fullscreen

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but which of those is it? Thanks!

5. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

Sorry, it's the first one. VHQ 16:9 should work fine as well.

But, by all means, try a couple at the 480 kb/s. Hardware seems dicey on phones. Some handle high workloads fine, and some not so much (My Ally doesn't overclock at all, others can push it to 700+).

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews