• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video on the Moment?

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
Forgive me. I'd check my manual, but I'm at work and it's at home. But can you watch videos on the Moment (well, on Android, I guess I should ask)? I don't see an app for it, but I assume there has to be some way to load MP4 files or something and view them. Which of course leads to the obvious question: If it can play videos, what formats can it play?

Thanks in advance.

It can play play videos for certain. You can fing them in the "Gallery" app. I've not had a whole lot of luck with video formats. Its said to support the popular mobile ones that you might expect. MP4, .H264, 3GP, Etc... but I've not had huge success with downloads in the iPhone formatted movies. (I could never get Big Buck Bunny to play.) But it seems that Handbrake can make an iPhone DVD rip of a movie that played just fine on my Moment.

I hooked my phone to my PC USB, pulled down the notification panel (on the phone) and enabled USB drive mounting. This let's my PC see the phone as a data drive so I can copy files to it.

Give it a test!

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones