• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video playback buzz on computer after ICS

antpal

Dec 26, 2010
Germany
Hi All!

Ive just had my s2 connected to my mac to transfer all the videos over. Worryingly, many of them have a horrible audio issue - they buzz, loudly! So loud in fact I have to turn the sound down on my computer!

I noticed that this problem does't affect all videos - only those recored after mid-april, which would tie in with the ICS upgrade.

Given the fact i've a ton of videos from a recent holiday that are totally unwatchable due to this noise, i'm a bit miffed!!

Does anybody have any experience of this issue???

many thanks!

Eek! I dunno. I've just solved my issue, as your reply jogged me to check something out.
This won't help you much on windows, but,
I had these videos running fine on snow leopard. Bought a new mac 2 weeks ago running lion, and the problem was there.
As apple have just released a new os (mountain lion), and my mac is new, I got a free upgrade.
I've just checked these videos again and they are now perfect!!!

I'll start looking into whether there are any difference in the codecs between lion and mountain lion, and report back, as it could solve your problem.

Btw, I was having this audio problem in lion regardless of the player i was using.

Do you have another machine (or access to one) running something other than 7?? Vista or 8 beta maybe? Is your 7 and media player or whatever you're using up to date?

Upvote 0
Fingers crossed they work in Windows 8 then, cos I expect ms will be slower to fix than apple. There has to be a difference in the codecs between XP and 7, and osx sl, l and ml.
Gotta be basic as it's only mp4!
I'd tried everything in lion too! Quick time, quick time pro, Windows Media, perian, vlc, MPEGstreamclip and divx - nothing worked lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones