• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video playback - grey sheen

Hi guys,

When I watch a movie on my Android Media box, whether it be on Netflix or say, Cinema HD for example, I seem to have an issue with the contrast. While I’m navigating around the menus using s wireless mouse, everything is fine, only when a video/movie starts to play the screen appears to lose its depth and richness only to have almost like a grey sheen appear over the picture. It’s certainly more prevalent over black, as it then becomes like a dark grey. However, when I click the left mouse button during playback to activate the player menu the colour returns to normal until the menu disappears and its back to the grey sheen again.

It’s become somewhat of an irritation. I’ve been through all the settings and I don’t appear to find anything that prevents this. Any thoughts or fixes? Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones