1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

video playing questions....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by king chillout, Jun 2, 2010.

1. king chillout

king chillout Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    OK, I've had the Legend for a few days and it has impressed me a lot. This is my first decent phone and the Android system is amazing....but I have questions......

I want to watch a movie on my Legend. What type of movie files will it play and where do I put the file on the SD card so that my phone will be able to find it and play it ?

Advertisement

2. bounce

bounce Member

May 16, 2010
    Hi, I am not sure what files it will play, but I just dragged the movies I wanted to watch into the videos section on the SD card then disconnected the phone & they were there.
    Hope this helps.

3. king chillout

Jun 2, 2010
    That would be great.......but my SD card doesn't have a video folder that I can see.

Could I just create a video folder and place my movies in there ? Would this then show up on the phone screen ?

4. king chillout

Jun 2, 2010
    just checked out where the video files are kept if I take a video with the video camera....they are found in the DCIM folder with all the photos. I will try putting an MPEG4 movie in there tonight and see what happens ?

5. bounce

bounce Member

May 16, 2010
    If that does not work just create a new folder & call it My videos then transfer them into there, I think then the phone will recognise them as movies.

6. h4voc

h4voc Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I moved them into the Video folder on sdcard.If it is not there just create a new one.Btw any audio video sync issues in the videos on the legend?I am having serious sync issues with the audio and video :( almost half a second sync issue.

7. king chillout

Jun 2, 2010
    I converted a movie using AoA into the 3gp file format and transferred it into the 100MEDIA folder found in the DCIM folder....and it worked !

To find the movie on the phone I have to look in the photos section where it can be found in the video list.

8. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

I have downloaded yxplayer app from the market and it plays avi's DivX/Xvid movies without the need to convert saving alot of hassle! It worked well with the few files I have though I cannot confirm how stable it is when playing the full length of a movie since I only tried the trial version which is limited to 2mins! Anyone purchased the full app?

9. cchauhanad1

cchauhanad1 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Multimedia for htc legend

• Photos application for viewing photos and videos
    • Music
    • FM Radio
    • Audio supported formats:
      Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma
      Recording: .amr
    • Video supported formats:
      Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv
      Recording: .3gp
    • make new folder on sdcard put video on it, open photos app on phone autometacly search photos and video....watch n enjoy

Tags: