• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sperho

Android Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2011
Eastern TN
I've downloaded about 4 Google Play movies on my 10.1 2014 edition both in SD and HD formats and have observed a 1-2 second stutter in every movie so far about every 5 to 10 minutes. Has anyone else been having this issue with their Note? I have a 32GB wifi version (US)...

Pretty annoying...

Stutters in the native Video app while watching a downloaded and locally stored Samsung Hub SD video as well. What a terrible media experience... I love Android phones, but if it weren't for an active stylus and my need to have a better pen-entry experience, this thing would be going back. Either the hardware integration isn't finished yet, or TouchWiz is just a dog.

Upvote 0
I get stuttering as well. I've only seen this happen with the stock samsung video app.

Thanks Chuckee. Over time, I have noticed stuttering primarily occur on locally stored DRMed movies from Google Play and Samsung Hub. Streaming the same movies, I have not observed stuttering thus far, but I haven't streamed too much.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have the same problem on the G Note 10.1 2014. When I purchase Google Play video and store it locally (my main use case as I travel), it will stutter every 5 minutes or so. Has anyone found a resolution for this? It would seem to be an easy use case to cover in testing. I agree with the OP, but I don't need the pen that much, so between this and the performance issues I'm thinking this will be my last Note 10.1....

Upvote 0
In my situation, I was playing some .ts video files, and I get the consistent stop n go type of motion. Maybe similar to the stuttering that you guys talking about. I find that if open the files from Samsung My Files, I will get that "stuttering" but if I open the files from the Note stock Video app, the stuttering stops. So you guys can try that route. Or, like some posters noted, get some other players out there, free or paid, and MX Player is pretty good.

And lastly, this is most likely my last Galaxy product.

Upvote 0
Update: The KitKat update resolved all video stuttering issues... Finally. Glad to know it was not an intrinsic problem with the hardware alone.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

It was at least clear that it wasn't a hardware problem since we all have pretty much the same hardware (I know there is a difference between the wifi only and LTE versions but since I have the former, which is slower, and have no problems it was unlikely to have been hardware related).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones