• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing picture resolutions higher than your HTC phone?

hatman

Feb 20, 2010
Hello,

I would like someone to help me.

I have some pics that I believe are from a 12 or 12.1 megapixel didgital camera and I would like (when the time comes) to transfer these files to my 1ghz HTC Desire smartphone and view these pics as I do on my computer.

When I tried to view this same file on my old but existing Sony Ericsson K800i, the phone told me onscreen that "This picture is too large to context". but smartphones are more robust, more powerful processor's, 3rd party apps to support more things over the native OS.

I DO NOT WANT TO CONVERT OR DOWNSIZE THEM.
... So I want to push the phone to it's max and see if it will view this resolution higher than the phone's camera.

HTC HD2 has the closest hardware spec to the newer upcoming HTC Desire and I would like if anyone could test the attached image.

Can anyone here with a HTC HD2 help me by downloading this hi res pic and seeing if it opens on your photo viewer? What about testing it in a native photo viewing app from market?

This is the pic here to download and test (2848x4272 res):
Download da hi res JPG (2848x4272 image).jpg from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Tell me your expeirnces with the image.

Can it fist of all view the image?
Is Zooming in/out of the picture verry laggy?
Is the picture showin up as a thumbnail?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones