• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VIewing Web pages in android browser

nerys

Aug 15, 2011
How do I stop it from resizing pages?

I turned off mobile view but it still SHRINKS the page I want to view making it smaller.

I DESIGNED the page to fit on a cellular screen 1:1 but its SHRINKING the page smaller than 1:1 (about 40%)

how do I force the browser to display the page 1:1 so 480 wide will show 480 wide etc.. (I know my evo has a 540wide screen)

I got it working on my TP2 it displays 1:1 (there is a setting in operar to turn off scaling and default zoom)

I can't find the right settings in the droid browser to stop it doing that. is there "code" I can put in the page to set this?

the page is this

http://www.mylittlemouse.com/other/mem.html

my portal page is also hinky. www.naramlive.com/portal

again it "scales" and "zooms" it even though I designed the page to fit 100% on the phone screen 1:1

on this page it makes it TOO LARGE. even though its a 480pixel wide page on a 540pixel wide screen device.

how do I force the browser to display page 1:1

OK got it. ALWAYS works this way. spent two days poking with this and as soon as I post I solve it.

maybe I should just post first and see if the solution pops up :)

anway I turned off mobile view and set default zoom to FAR and it appears to be display 1:1 or close enough that it works for me :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones