1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VIewing Web pages in android browser

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nerys, Sep 11, 2011.

1. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

How do I stop it from resizing pages?

I turned off mobile view but it still SHRINKS the page I want to view making it smaller.

I DESIGNED the page to fit on a cellular screen 1:1 but its SHRINKING the page smaller than 1:1 (about 40%)

how do I force the browser to display the page 1:1 so 480 wide will show 480 wide etc.. (I know my evo has a 540wide screen)

I got it working on my TP2 it displays 1:1 (there is a setting in operar to turn off scaling and default zoom)

I can't find the right settings in the droid browser to stop it doing that. is there "code" I can put in the page to set this?

the page is this

http://www.mylittlemouse.com/other/mem.html

my portal page is also hinky. www.naramlive.com/portal

again it "scales" and "zooms" it even though I designed the page to fit 100% on the phone screen 1:1

on this page it makes it TOO LARGE. even though its a 480pixel wide page on a 540pixel wide screen device.

how do I force the browser to display page 1:1

OK got it. ALWAYS works this way. spent two days poking with this and as soon as I post I solve it.

maybe I should just post first and see if the solution pops up :)

anway I turned off mobile view and set default zoom to FAR and it appears to be display 1:1 or close enough that it works for me :)

Advertisement