• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing webcam stream from HTC Desire

Passiday

Lurker
May 19, 2010
Hello,

Please suggest what would be the best solution how to view live webcam feed on HTC Desire? The webcam is connected to Linux PC with Apache 2, and I can install whatever modules etc, to set up the webcam stream as needed.

I'd like to be able to view the feed from this webcam from my HTC Desire. Preferably, I'd like to do it via web browser, not a special app. But I might be willing too much, I don't know.

I guess the only way how to make live video play in browser, is to use Flash plugin, and stream flash video stream from the web server. I don't know if there is a way how to make this work on Apache, Linux.

If the viewing in web browser is too complex, I'm Ok to fallback to app. Any suggestions regarding the app?

Passiday

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones