• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vignette...worth it?

It's all I use. You need to learn what settings you need for different lighting conditions. With a little practive it works great.

Oh, and don't forget to wipe the glass clean before taking pics. I know it seems obvious, but my finger always seems to be on it when talking. Finger prints ruin images.

Upvote 0
I love Vignette but find myself using Camera Zoom FX a lot more...just because on my DX (as it was on my Droid Inc) Vignette is SO SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. I seriously end up missing shots because of how long Vignette takes to process the pics - and the size of the pics are about twice that of Camera Zoom FX. If I'm doing something wrong or missing something, please let me know! I'm actually on the hunt now for a better camera app.

Upvote 0
Varanoid, it sounds like you may have the configurations wrong. Have Vignette process the photos in the background. Also, you may want to lower the resolution to fine or normal (I have yet to discern a huge difference and the files are a lot smaller). Frankly, they all use the same hardware so it's a question of how well they 'process' the incoming photo. I do agree with you that speed should be paramount so as not to miss a candid moment.

Upvote 0
Varanoid, it sounds like you may have the configurations wrong. Have Vignette process the photos in the background. Also, you may want to lower the resolution to fine or normal (I have yet to discern a huge difference and the files are a lot smaller). Frankly, they all use the same hardware so it's a question of how well they 'process' the incoming photo. I do agree with you that speed should be paramount so as not to miss a candid moment.

I checked the settings and it's already down to fine. It does process in the background but still takes forever between shots and I lose the next one waiting. Otherwise all other settings are set to auto or normal (auto focus, auto flash, etc). I LOVE Vignette because it has so many features but I don't use those when I'm taking a simple picture...I would put it back through in post processing later on.

Any other suggestions are SO welcome tho! I figure I MUST be doing something wrong because everyone else loves this app.

Upvote 0
Okay, I think I may have figured it out for you. When you first launch Vignette, press the menu button and then press settings. Under setting, make sure that you have "auto-save" checked. That should get you processing photos automatically so that you can proceed to the next snapshot instantly (well, it takes about 1 sec or so).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones