• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root viper 1.8 and wear?

hi saltire,

:D true true...but trusty :D
....yes that is my issue too - I like my regular watches - but when I saw the orange sport model I had to give it a try ;)

erm - you can control quite a few apps from it - especially like the spotify track skip - you can also speak to reply to new sms ... but that appears to be a bit hit and miss! :D

ah yes EM, now I think of it you are right - not heard him around hear recently - very likely a new device .... so you have something fresh too then I take it? :D

cheers
dan

Upvote 0
Hi mate. Nope still got the M8 and contract not up until autumn - just had so much on, plus fell out with Tapatalk after updates. Some useful things with Wear it seems, is there a need to root them at all :) ? Doing some investigation of next phone already but tbh nothing grabs me over the M8 so I might just go sim only for a year. Trying to score a used 32GB model on fleabay that are bootlooped after MM updates and owners don't know how to fix - but prices folk are willing to pay have been stoopid so far :thinking:

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
:D that's a nice move ;)
yeah im in the same place really - mine ends in late april - still a great phone .... but maybe needs full update os wise :/ :D would prob help with wear things .... no don't seem to need to root them for wear
need to cut phone costs too I feel - so only real option might be moto x pure
cheers
dan

Reactions: saltire
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones