• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Files Being Deleted After Copying

MaRz0o

Nov 8, 2011
Hey guys,

I can use your help.

So I'm running 4.3 Stock DeOdexed ROM on my GS3 and I currently have a 64 GB San Disk (exFat format) in my phone. Now I absolutely HATE MTP for it takes too long to transfer and it messes up the date for my photos.

Anyways, there's an album of photos I've been trying to transfer to my phone and I've used an SD card adapter to transfer the photos. The copying goes smoothly, however when I remove the SD card and place it in my phone I discover the files are deleted.

The next thing I did was copy the files to my SD card, remove the sd card, and then reinsert the adapter to my laptop and I discovered that the copied files are deleted once again.

Please help.

For me, I can transfer usb without MTP.

Not sure if your using Windows, but: Plug the phone into USB port and go to My Computer. Select the device and it should give you an option for "phone" or "card". Select "card" and drag and drop stuff from your computer anywhere you want onto your card. I transfer large folders and files all the time this way.

If that fails, try uploading them to your phone via Wi-Fi. There's apps in the Play Store like "Wi-Fi File Explorer" that do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones