• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Hypothetical question about Knox.

j475328

Oct 14, 2013
OK so Long time no post. Here's my new situation. I shattered my other s3s screen so opting to get a shiny new one I had assumed it would be Knox free. I was dead wrong. Now assuming I completely re partitioned the phone thru numerous passes would that remove the knox boot loader or is that hardcoded into the board itself. I'm much more of an asop based ROM fan than of this horrid touch wiz abomination.

I think actually that I may have been the first person or the second but the first on purpose brick and recover on this forum back when moped was just starting his APN fixes. I love this phone. I think it will work and if it does heh! I will show Knox can be removed. And hopefully get a sticky Lol.

Upvote 0
No offense guys, but my money is on Knox. Not even worth getting worked up over, you can still root and do everything available to the users who don't have Knox. The only thing you can't do, once rooted, besides Odin an earlier firmware, is use your device for BYOD at your place of employment if your employer is paying for the corporate level of Knox security. The only real way to give Samsung the middle finger over the whole Big Brother aspect of Knox is to not put any of your hard earned money in their pockets again. That is the route I plan to take; this is my first and last Samsung device thanks to the way they implemented Knox, not necessarily due to Knox itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones