• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] I need help :(

3nzofantasy

Dec 23, 2011
Rooted and installed recovery successfully ... tryed to mess with the kernel and forgot to do a backup .. so now im stock with a sprint kernel.. everything works great BUT the 3G/4G ( I don't have Data connection)

So yeah lol .. all I'm asking is a backup of the Original Rom or the Original Kernel so I can flash it back like it was :)

Rooted and installed recovery successfully ... tryed to mess with the kernel and forgot to do a backup .. so now im stock with a sprint kernel.. everything works great BUT the 3G/4G ( I don't have Data connection)

So yeah lol .. all I'm asking is a backup of the Original Rom or the Original Kernel so I can flash it back like it was :)

HERE BUDDY: STOCK BOOT.IMG

Upvote 0
is there a way i could make a backup for you?

I can install roms but that's the limit of my knowledge of working with android.

If you've installed Cyanogenmod Recovery, I think you can do this by resetting to factory, wiping the device, turning it on, rebooting back to recovery, and backup to zip file from within recovery. I'm not sure though.
It would be great if you'd give this a try!

Reactions: CottonBalls
Upvote 0
If you've installed Cyanogenmod Recovery, I think you can do this by resetting to factory, wiping the device, turning it on, rebooting back to recovery, and backup to zip file from within recovery. I'm not sure though.
It would be great if you'd give this a try!
6burgh sent me the backup files to restore it like new(Thank You again)... I had some trouble with the md5 verification but I looked up online how to fix it and I got it to work so now it all went to normal :]

Upvote 0
If you are on VM, shouldn't the firmware you gave 3nzofantasy work for anybody who wants to get their phone back to stock?
The thing is that the backup he gave me has his info and everything I notice because when I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi there was a saved one and I guess there were more stuff of his so I did a factory reset...

Upvote 0
The thing is that the backup he gave me has his info and everything I notice because when I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi there was a saved one and I guess there were more stuff of his so I did a factory reset...

I have a version that possibly doesn't have his info. How did you use the file he gave you to flash your phone? Sorry, I am still rather new at this.

Upvote 0
He was nice enough to send me the rom. My question is what do I do from here? I have been using Odin until this point, but should I be flashing something specific inside of the zip file he sent?
Extract the files moved them to clockworkmod/backup folder and edit the .md5 file (open it with text and delete everything and leave it blank so it skips the md5 verification thing) ... after that enter in recovery mode and restore it and the do a factory reset (here is a better way to explain it http://www.galaxyunlocker.com/blogs...ismatch-error-the-easy-way-for-samsung-galaxy .. do this after extracting the files to clockworkmod backup folder)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Extract the files moved them to clockworkmod/backup folder and edit the .md5 file (open it with text and delete everything and leave it blank so it skips the md5 verification thing) ... after that enter in recovery mode and restore it and the do a factory reset

Am I able to do that from Odin? I can't install Clockwork over Wifi since my phone can't currently access it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones