• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Jellybam-Remove weather widget from lockscreen

tavisc

Aug 29, 2012
Anyone using Jellybam? I want to remove the weather widget from the lockscreen, but I can't figure out how to do so. Nothing in the lockscreen section of Bam settings has any effect on the widget, and long+pressing/dragging to delete seems to work, but then the widget is back the next time I see the lockscreen. Any ideas?

Anyone using Jellybam? I want to remove the weather widget from the lockscreen, but I can't figure out how to do so. Nothing in the lockscreen section of Bam settings has any effect on the widget, and long+pressing/dragging to delete seems to work, but then the widget is back the next time I see the lockscreen. Any ideas?

I think the lock screen has to have something, it can't be blank; try setting up a second screen with Dashclock and then removing the first screen, and then the screen with Dashclock (or whatever widget you want but Dashclock is sweet) will remain as the "home" lock screen.

Upvote 0
That was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately the lockscreen automatically defaults to the page that has a widget. For now I just have a clock widget there. Later on in the day (after classes) I may switch to a new lockscreen or a new clock widget. Guess it depends on how much it bothers me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones