• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] need some help with stock

squal707

Lurker
Dec 21, 2013
alright well to start things off my phone is on virgin mobile i was messing around with odin awhile back and screwed my partition up so i took it to the sprint store here and they fixed it but in doing this they flashed a "sprint" rom onto the phone so i have the sprint boot logo instead of virgin mobile, anywho everything has been working its been a few months since this happened only problem is my MMS hasn't been working since they flashed the sprint rom was wondering if there was a way to fix this somehow? i tried 8sms or w/e the app is called and put the settings for virgin mobile mms into the app and still wont receive pictures "sent myself a test mms" always get the download failed error, was thinking this had something to do with a sprint rom on a virgin mobile phone but everything else works perfectly fine 3g/4g calling, texting the whole 9 except the mms

Virgin is

Name: Virgin Mobile APN: Sprint Proxy: <not set> Port: <not set> User Name: Sprint Password: * Server: <not set> MMSC: http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8080/mms? MMS Proxy: 205.239.233.136 MMS Port: 81 MCC: 310 MNC: 00 APN Type: default,supl,mms
(Note: no spaces in the type - default,supl, not default, supl.)

It's the MMSC and MMS parts that probably have one little typo somewhere. If not, bring it back to the store and ask them if they can get it working.

Upvote 0
changed the settings again copied and pasted into 8sms like i did before from another site i found googling and still error downloading so im guessing im going to have to get into ##8282# "data" edit mode somehow need to figure out the MSL "master lock code thingy" i can go into data and view the settings and MMSC is all set to sprint :s, also another thing is weird i know its virginmobile im paying it does run on sprint network my account thing says "email**@virginmobileusa.sprintpcs.com not sure if this was the case before i got sprint rom flashed or not.

any help is appreciated greatly i can post any information you need on my Galaxy victory

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones