• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(virgin mobile question)Texts converted to Pic messages - Samsung Galaxy S2

Hello all, I'm pleased to be a member of this group; as a 'silver surfer' type I'm not very well up on technical matters and will I'm sure benefit from all the knowledge and experience out there!
I have just entered into battle with Virgin Mobile who I've been with for many years the problem being that my lovely new phone - a Samsung Galaxy S2 - takes it on itself to convert any text massage over about three pages into a picture message thus incurring a 40p charge.
They told me on the phone that all new smart phones do this and that I should keep my messages shorter! What a cheek! Well, my earlier HTC Wildfire didn't do this so I suspect that this comment is rubbish, it certainly IS a means whereby Virgin can make more money out of their unsuspecting customers.
Have other members had similar problems and if so, were they resolved? I'd love to know.
Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones