• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [SOLVED] Strange SMS response

vsanch24

Dec 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan, USA
Hi community, has anyone ever experienced the following before:

"Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127"

The above happens when I text (sms) just one person and they are on the Verizon network. (I have not tested mms) I have other contacts on Verizon and it doesn't happen. I can however receive SMS from him. So, i have tried deleting any conversations with him and then replying from a fresh conversation. The above response still comes back and he confirms no text on his side. He just upgraded to a new S5 and I had hoped this change would fix it but it hasn't. Any thoughts on this?

My thinking is Virgin Mobile doesn't know how to route the message. I am using CM11 (check the left side area for nightly currently installed) and Hangouts as my SMS client. However, am thinking it isn't my phone but Verizon or VM.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones