• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virus ?

Trappin

Feb 4, 2012
after a brand new flash of #2 2.4, the phone never or barley goes into a deep sleep. & the cpu stays like its on performance when its ondemand. i redownloaded the rom three times and it still does the same thing. please help?
24m59av_th.png

after a brand new flash of #2 2.4, the phone never or barley goes into a deep sleep. & the cpu stays like its on performance when its ondemand. i redownloaded the rom three times and it still does the same thing. please help?
24m59av_th.png

I've noticed this plenty of times after flashing new versions

1. The rom needs time to settle in 24ish hours
2. Check to make sure nothing is running in the background. Settings>Applications>Running Services.

As for the CPU governers. While using the speed kernel they would never stick. First time I ever saw the governers stick was last night when I put the Plague kernel on my phone.

Reactions: Trappin
Upvote 0
alittle said:
I've noticed this plenty of times after flashing new versions

1. The rom needs time to settle in 24ish hours
2. Check to make sure nothing is running in the background. Settings>Applications>Running Services.

As for the CPU governers. While using the speed kernel they would never stick. First time I ever saw the governers stick was last night when I put the Plague kernel on my phone.

Yeah they don't stick. But luckily it stays on the only one you need ;)

Upvote 0
Trappin said:
the only thing i have with this is it stays on 1024, it'll go on the min for a couple seconds then stay right back to 1024 again. like a battery kill. :(

I keep mine on 800ish and 300ish. It bounces back and forth but stays on the 800 mark. But i also make presets for screen off, screen on, unlocked, battery temp, etc.... From which i change the values on those.

Upvote 0
Trappin said:
care to let me know what your values are?
i want to run just like fuzzy :) hehe.

Lol.

My screen off is 300/300. Unlocked is 800 or Max/300. Battery temp is set at 110 degrees 500/300 conservative.

I think that's it for the most part.

But tweaking these will save you a little battery but it's not going to be major. Keeping your main at 800 or 700 instead of Max will make the biggest impact plus keeping the values low while the Screen it's off cause your not using the phone so no need to have it maxed out.

Upvote 0
I keep mine on 800ish and 300ish. It bounces back and forth but stays on the 800 mark. But i also make presets for screen off, screen on, unlocked, battery temp, etc.... From which i change the values on those.

Quick question.
If you set profiles in set CPU as u just stated wouldn't that cause the app to constantly run thus actually killing more battery. Or does it already constantly run in the back?

Upvote 0
alittle said:
Quick question.
If you set profiles in set CPU as u just stated wouldn't that cause the app to constantly run thus actually killing more battery. Or does it already constantly run in the back?

Yup it runs but I've done comparisons with, without and only screen profile. With just the screen on profile the app stays open anyways. Close it and it opens back up.

So that leaves with and without. Battery is definitely saved cutting the speed down. Obviously it's enough to keep the app and use it.
But this works for me and my setup. Might not for others.

Just like juice defender. Some hate it and say it drains battery. I can't use my phone without it.

Reactions: Trappin and alittle
Upvote 0
another thing to remember isin the play store settings make sure you un check notifications and check update via wifi only, and that will cut down on the 4g constantly looking for updates every other minute.

And also if you have hd widgets or beautiful widget or any other weather widgets make sure you change the update time to every 4 or 6 hours, cause if it's set to every 30 minutes than that will also eat your battery.

You can simple just cut the screen on and tap the weather widget and click the update to update your weather, and make sure auto sync is turn of cause that and gps will kill your battery and a couple hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones