1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Virus ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trappin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Trappin

Trappin Member

after a brand new flash of #2 2.4, the phone never or barley goes into a deep sleep. & the cpu stays like its on performance when its ondemand. i redownloaded the rom three times and it still does the same thing. please help?
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alittle

alittle Android Enthusiast

I've noticed this plenty of times after flashing new versions

1. The rom needs time to settle in 24ish hours
    2. Check to make sure nothing is running in the background. Settings>Applications>Running Services.

As for the CPU governers. While using the speed kernel they would never stick. First time I ever saw the governers stick was last night when I put the Plague kernel on my phone.

Trappin likes this.
  3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

ummm what govs other than the stock ones does the speed kernel have??? Its a stock kernel with tweaks to the ramdisk. ;)

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

The basic ones. Perf. Conserv. Userspace. Powersave. On demand

5. Fuzzy13

Yeah they don't stick. But luckily it stays on the only one you need ;)

6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

yea the stock ones lol.

7. Trappin

Trappin Member

thanks alittle

i got fuzzy & playfulgod on my thread at the same damn time! :) yay i feel acomplished lol.

8. Trappin

Trappin Member

the only thing i have with this is it stays on 1024, it'll go on the min for a couple seconds then stay right back to 1024 again. like a battery kill. :(

9. Fuzzy13

Yup, that's it.

Only need one imo

10. Fuzzy13

I keep mine on 800ish and 300ish. It bounces back and forth but stays on the 800 mark. But i also make presets for screen off, screen on, unlocked, battery temp, etc.... From which i change the values on those.

11. Trappin

Trappin Member

care to let me know what your values are?
    i want to run just like fuzzy :) hehe.

12. Fuzzy13

Lol.

My screen off is 300/300. Unlocked is 800 or Max/300. Battery temp is set at 110 degrees 500/300 conservative.

I think that's it for the most part.

But tweaking these will save you a little battery but it's not going to be major. Keeping your main at 800 or 700 instead of Max will make the biggest impact plus keeping the values low while the Screen it's off cause your not using the phone so no need to have it maxed out.

Trappin likes this.
  13. alittle

alittle Android Enthusiast

Quick question.
    If you set profiles in set CPU as u just stated wouldn't that cause the app to constantly run thus actually killing more battery. Or does it already constantly run in the back?

14. Trappin

Trappin Member

who's kernel do you use?

15. Trappin

Trappin Member

i was about to ask the same thing, because it was not in the running applications until i enabled the profiles.

16. Fuzzy13

Yup it runs but I've done comparisons with, without and only screen profile. With just the screen on profile the app stays open anyways. Close it and it opens back up.

So that leaves with and without. Battery is definitely saved cutting the speed down. Obviously it's enough to keep the app and use it.
    But this works for me and my setup. Might not for others.

Just like juice defender. Some hate it and say it drains battery. I can't use my phone without it.

Trappin and alittle like this.
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Your phone is experiencing wakelocks. Some app is keeping the phone awake. It's not a virus. When the screen goes off the phone should sleep.[​IMG]

I suggest downloading betterbattery stats and letting it run on the device. It will tell you what apps are causing the wakelock and how to fix them

Trappin likes this.
  18. Fuzzy13

Great app.

19. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

another thing to remember isin the play store settings make sure you un check notifications and check update via wifi only, and that will cut down on the 4g constantly looking for updates every other minute.

And also if you have hd widgets or beautiful widget or any other weather widgets make sure you change the update time to every 4 or 6 hours, cause if it's set to every 30 minutes than that will also eat your battery.

You can simple just cut the screen on and tap the weather widget and click the update to update your weather, and make sure auto sync is turn of cause that and gps will kill your battery and a couple hours.

Trappin likes this.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews