• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VISIONary Temproot wont temproot

Used VISIONARY Temproot on my G2 running 2.2 a few times over the last month with no problem...Today the phone just turned off and when it came back on and I tried to Temproot it wouldnt.

After about 5 tries and endless running of VISIONary (just runs but never finishes or turns the phone off and back on like it did before) I uninstalled Superuser and VISIONary, turned the phone off, removed the battery, reinstalled it, turned the phone back on and reinstalled VISIONary.

The program just runs and runs...endless running but never finishes or turns the phone off and back on like it did before.

USB Debugging is on by the way.

Really dont want to do factory reset but need to get Temproot back.

Help please.

LoL!! I had a similar problem. Couldn't tempRoot after using Visionary.
This is a link to my posting on what was happening.
http://androidforums.com/g2-all-things-root/312825-s-off-but-no-root.html

This is the direct link to XDA to root your phone, if you didn't care to read. LoL!!
xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] Permanent Root with Visionary/gfree (No ADB Required)

After you flash your phone to it's original state, you might get a sorry radio and won't get any good signal or something.

AFTER you flash a custom ROM, flash the radio. If you flash a radio then the ROM, the ROM will over-write your radio.
I flashed the .30 radio. The guy in there told me about it, and it's the best one so far.
http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-g2/328038-flashed-new-radio-thought-i-share-my-results.html

Problem is probably Visionary messed up your RW(read-write) files, so basically your phone doesn't know how to give you RW access. That explanation is in newb form, BTW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones