• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey Folks,

Recently purchased a tablet from Newegg and have been quite impressed with it thus far. However, I wouldn't mind seeing any information anyone can provide on Root Access for this particular piece and maybe a custom ROM down the line.

Description is as follows:

8" ARM A9 1.5Ghz Dual Core , DDR3 1GB , 1024 x 768 TFT ,Dual Camera , Multi-Touch Screen and Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Operating System .

ST0812 features a multi-functional Android tablet. Perfect handheld size for home, office, and travel environment. PRO-ST0812 is enhanced with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with full access to the Google Playstore. Packs the punch of the high performance Amlogic new MXS Dual Core 1.5Ghz ARM Cortex A9 processor, integrated DDR3 1G SDRAM and built-in 4GB storage also allow you to upgrade to 12G or 20GB total storage via MicroSD slot. Cool features such as Dual Cameras 2.0M /2.0 megapixel and full connectivity including a mini 1080P HDMI port great for games and web browsing. With a compact and sleek design is much easier to carry than a laptop. ST0812 is ideally designed to view Flash-based content, Office programs as well as ebook such as PDF, ePub, Cloud base apps. Designed for the best mobile entertainment experience with Android. Features : 1) 2 x Faster 1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9 Dual-Core processor 2) 1GB DDR3 of system memory , 30% faster and power saving than DDR2 3) 8.0" touchscreen, 1024 x 768 resolution , Aspect Ratio: 4:3 4) On-board 4GB storage memory + 16GB micro SD via MSD card slot 5) Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi 6) Front 1.3MP and Back 2.0MP webcam with microphone, auto-focus and digital zoom 7) Rechargeable Polymer Lithium battery up to 4 Hours . 8) Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean)

For $99 this tablet seems like it was a steal and I'm quite happy. However, there is always more tinkering that can be done.

If anyone would like any info dumps from the tablet itself, let me know and I will post them.

Any info is appreciated

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones