• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vizio Co-Star

zetroc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2010
Got a Vizio Co-Star, but I am having some issues. Redux is doing sound but no video, and the lack of Hulu+... well... I don't have to harp on that, I'm sure you all know.

How can I make my Co-Star experience better? Any suggestions? Rooting, etc.

As for the Hulu+, yes, I know I can get Plex, but this seems to be a bit ridiculous. A native app should simply exist, no? Lol.

Any info will be appreciated!

As far a Redux goes I was having the same issue until I did a hard reset on my Vizio and started the setup process all over again. First try uninstalling Redux then reinstall.. that worked for a little bit with me.. but the hard factory reset to defaults has been zero issues since then..

Hulu+ will likely not be implmented into anything GoogleTV since there is a sort of battle going on between all these companies that make streamers.. I just bought NeoTV by netgear at $39 from amazon to get Hulu+ and if you set it up right the Vizio Costar remote controls the NeoTV menu perfectly. Though you dont get a mouse or keyboard functions with the basic NeoTV even with the Vizio remote.

I think you should just have fun with the costar and view it as a what it is supposed to be.. pop out apps for a restricted google chrome browser thats works good but not amazing, some interesting content apps, and the fact it makes it easy to integrate all your connected devices into one remote..

Upvote 0
I hear ya, but I feel like it should just have Hulu+. I don't see why not. After all, you need to pay Hulu to use it, so it's not like Hulu is losing money, unless Google is the problem.

As for the Redux, I think the connection I was using at the time was slow, because I got home and set it up at home and connected it via Ethernet, and it's fine. The interface is clunky, but I think the whole experience on the CoStar is clunky. Not bad, but not as polished as it should be.

I'll try the Plex business, but then I always need a computer on and logged in and what not, and that's just annoying. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones