• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps VOIP to PSTN calls

AjithLooyi

Lurker
Sep 18, 2015
Hi Team,
I am creating an Android Application for making phone calls to Non-App-users (VOIP to PSTN calls). I need your help to find out the best open source library for making PSTN calls or Is there any free third party android library for making PSTN calls from my application at free of cost.

My Program(A) --> Android API to make a call like Skype(B) --> PSTN/Mobile network support(c)

Thanks,
AjithLooyi

Namely this one:
Developers: Please read this before posting in here

I went ahead and move your thread into the Application Development sub so that fellow developers might be able to assist you. :thumbsupdroid:

That said, you're likely going to need more than just a library to bridge VOIP-to-PSTN. You'll need a gateway (or a service providing a gateway) on the PSTN, and that will cost money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones