• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume button not working... Help

When im actually on a call I can not turn the volumn up or down with the button on the side of the phone. Its just annoying, but would like to fix it. Anyone know whats going on?

1.) Model Number ? Android Dev Phone 1
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
3.) Baseband Version ? 62.33.20.08h_1.22.12.29
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-00392-g8312baf
5.) Build Number ? dream_devphone-userdebug 1.5 crb21 147201 test-keys

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? Unlimited Data plan

Carrier ? T-mo (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? USA (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone?
T-Mobile Customer Services can tell you that and make
any necessary corrections so that it is properly recognized
when connected. Yes

I had that same problem and I uninstalled 1.5 and reinstalled it redid about everything and nothing was fixed. Then went and updated the radio and come to find out I had the wrong radio installed. My volume was loud and when I pushed the up and down button it would show it going up and down but sound wasn't changing. I also had no bluetooth sound. Not sure if that would have anything to do with your problem but I know mine worked after that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones