• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vote for the Galaxy S (Final Round of Voting!)

You whine too much about GPS in any thread you can, keep it on topic guys!

This is part of the topic. I don't think the Galaxy S deserves to win.

It's like voting for a car in a "best car" contest when its A/C is non-functional. A car that is lacking a standard feature like that when all other cars in its class have it is simply not the best car, even if it's better in every other way.

Upvote 0

It's like voting for a car in a "best car" contest when its A/C is non-functional. A car that is lacking a standard feature like that when all other cars in its class have it is simply not the best car, even if it's better in every other way.

Agreed.

I can't vote for a phone with a non-functioning major feature just because I bought it. This isn't like rooting for your home-town sports team.

Just because I bought a phone, doesn't mean its necessarily the best.

Upvote 0

so an enzo ferrari cant win a car contest because it does not have an A/C.

just cause a phone has a feature that doesnt work doesnt mean its not the best phone. it may excel in ever other area as the galaxy s phones do. the cpu and gpu are the fastest on any android phone, lets call it the enzo ferrari of android phones. but i think most can agree the galaxy s should beat the x10 because the x10 is running 1.6 i believe, has a nice camera but doesnt take hd video. and if you think the captivate has a lot of glitches the x10 has many more from what ive heard about them

Upvote 0
Nokia has a really, really strong foothold in India...And there are a lot of Indians on the internet...it was a good run though...

I can't blame them. I had a Nokia 5800, and it was a superior phone. It had a front camera and even a functioning GPS. The only reason I switched was I wanted an Android OS.

That phone was great, except for its outdated OS. I do miss some of its features though, like the freaking GPS!!

Upvote 0
Slappy, no need to make a new thread. Just bump your old one and edit the OP with the new link.

Merged.

problem with that is you can't edit the headline, so people who voted the first time think this is old news, and don't bother going back in to see that there is an updated fight.

This is the finale! I think it deserves it's own thread if its a matter of winning or losing!

NOW PEOPLE VOTE!!!

Upvote 0
We all voted, I'm sure...But yeah, Nokia is flawless, and if you ever want a working phone that will function as a phone, Nokia is the way to go. Most phones are completely flawless, last years, and do what they're supposed to do. And yeah, Nokia phones had video conferencing and front cameras and GPS and all that fun stuff muchhhh before Apple or anyone else brought it out. Props to Nokia, but yeah, I'd bet you, if it had a bigger app store, it would seriously dominate the market...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones