• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vpn client ipesec

peixe

Lurker
Aug 31, 2012
Hi,
I just got a samsung galaxy s3, yesterday, and am trying to set my office VPN up on it. I have the Cisco VPN client set up on my laptop, and here are the settings from it:
Host:62.xx.xxx.xx
Group Authentication
-- Name: xxxx
-- Password:xxxxxxx
Transport: Enable Transport Tunneling
-- IPSec over UDP (NAT/PAT)
Those are really the only options there. Obviously when i connect it has a popup asking for my username and password, and once i enter those, i'm in.

Now on my Droid phone, there are 4 VPN options - PPTP VPN, L2TP VPN, L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN, and L2TP/IPSEC CRT VPN. i'm pretty sure mine's the PSK (Pre-shared key), so i pick that, and these are the options i have:

VPN Server: (i set this as the host - vpn.amc.com)
Set IPSec Pre-Shared key: (would this be... the password? i thought so, but why does the cisco client have 'name' too?)
Enable L2TP Secret (if checked, it has the option of entering the secret)
and that's it.

I've tried everything, but can't get it to work.

Hi,
I just got a samsung galaxy s3, yesterday, and am trying to set my office VPN up on it. I have the Cisco VPN client set up on my laptop, and here are the settings from it:
Host:62.xx.xxx.xx
Group Authentication
-- Name: xxxx
-- Password:xxxxxxx
Transport: Enable Transport Tunneling
-- IPSec over UDP (NAT/PAT)
Those are really the only options there. Obviously when i connect it has a popup asking for my username and password, and once i enter those, i'm in.

Now on my Droid phone, there are 4 VPN options - PPTP VPN, L2TP VPN, L2TP/IPSEC PSK VPN, and L2TP/IPSEC CRT VPN. i'm pretty sure mine's the PSK (Pre-shared key), so i pick that, and these are the options i have:

VPN Server: (i set this as the host - vpn.amc.com)
Set IPSec Pre-Shared key: (would this be... the password? i thought so, but why does the cisco client have 'name' too?)
Enable L2TP Secret (if checked, it has the option of entering the secret)
and that's it.

I've tried everything, but can't get it to work.
Cisco ASA VPN's are very customizable but If you are connecting to Cisco ASA Using group and group password look in your Pcf file and see if you have the following typically under program files\cisco\vpn client\profiles.

GroupName=xxxxxxx
enc_GroupPwd=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Host=###.###.###.###
Username=xxxxxxx

If you do have enc_GroupPwd it's probably encrypted you may need to go to
The Campus Geeks - Cisco VPN GroupPwd Decryption
and decrypt the password

The VPN type you want to choose is
PSKv1(AES,xauth,aggressive), found under Advanced IPSec VPN

Under vpn server put the value you have for Host
For pre shared key choose text and enter the decypted value of enc_Group_Pwd
under identity type choose ID and enter the value next to GroupName
for user name and password enter your normal stuff.

Of course this will only work if your configured using group names and passwords.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones