• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VS880 Downgrade from 5.1.1

bobdamnit

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2011
Special procedures must be done to downgrade the VS880 from 23A/24A to 10B/4.4.2. Why would you want to do this? I'm not sure anymore because we've achieved root on 23/24A, however I'm leaving this here because it still works, even on the latest 24A update.

Credits to krayzieone209 from XDA for figuring out this method.

This assumes you are familiar using LG Flash Tool 2014. If you are not, please use this guide to get familiar with it, download the required KDZ's and download LG Flash Tool 2014: http://androidforums.com/threads/g-vista-return-to-stock.961890/

1. Fire up LG Flash Tool 2014 and point it towards the 23A KDZ that you placed inside the Flash Tool 2014 folder. Start the flashing process. Be sure to do Emergency CSE Flash.

fp4SHqB.png

2. Select your language (Republic of Korea/Korean is English!! Anything else will show as ?'s!!)

cDRwLs7.png

puX7hLT.png

3. It will check the status of your phone and make sure its plugged in and in Download mode. Very shortly after that, it will start "extracting" the 23A KDZ.

8W2DRHZ.jpg

AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS, UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR COMPUTER!!!

4. You should see this screen. This is a good sign:

KqTqVqG.jpg

Ignore it for a minute and open the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder and remove the 23A KDZ. Rename the 10B KDZ EXACTLY THE SAME as the 23A KDZ and put that renamed KDZ in the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder. Plug your phone back in and wait about 10 seconds, then click "Retry" in LG Flash Tool 2014. It will begin the flash process like it should.

Once it completes, you are running 10B.

Some caveats:

- You cannot downgrade from 23A to 11B. You must downgrade to 10B and then upgrade to 11B if you prefer. Both are rooted the same.
- You can downgrade from 11B to 10B without any special procedures.
- I have not found a TOT/DLL file which would allow downgrading to any TOT/KDZ. It either hasn't been released or someone is guarding it heavily.
- Please be aware that there may be unknown risks associated with downgrading your device. I am not responsible for what you choose to do with the knowledge you've read in this thread. Some users have reported sending their device into an unrecoverable brick.

Last edited:
Special procedures must be done to downgrade the VS880 from 23A/24A to 10B/4.4.2. Why would you want to do this? I'm not sure anymore because we've achieved root on 23/24A, however I'm leaving this here because it still works, even on the latest 24A update.

Credits to krayzieone209 from XDA for figuring out this method.

This assumes you are familiar using LG Flash Tool 2014. If you are not, please use this guide to get familiar with it, download the required KDZ's and download LG Flash Tool 2014: http://androidforums.com/threads/g-vista-return-to-stock.961890/

1. Fire up LG Flash Tool 2014 and point it towards the 23A KDZ that you placed inside the Flash Tool 2014 folder. Start the flashing process. Be sure to do Emergency CSE Flash.

fp4SHqB.png

2. Select your language (Republic of Korea/Korean is English!! Anything else will show as ?'s!!)

cDRwLs7.png

puX7hLT.png

3. It will check the status of your phone and make sure its plugged in and in Download mode. Very shortly after that, it will start "extracting" the 23A KDZ.

8W2DRHZ.jpg

AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS, UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR COMPUTER!!!

4. You should see this screen. This is a good sign:

KqTqVqG.jpg

Ignore it for a minute and open the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder and remove the 23A KDZ. Rename the 10B KDZ EXACTLY THE SAME as the 23A KDZ and put that renamed KDZ in the LG Flash Tool 2014 folder. Plug your phone back in and wait about 10 seconds, then click "Retry" in LG Flash Tool 2014. It will begin the flash process like it should.

Once it completes, you are running 10B.

Some caveats:

- You cannot downgrade from 23A to 11B. You must downgrade to 10B and then upgrade to 11B if you prefer. Both are rooted the same.
- You can downgrade from 11B to 10B without any special procedures.
- I have not found a TOT/DLL file which would allow downgrading to any TOT/KDZ. It either hasn't been released or someone is guarding it heavily.
- Please be aware that there may be unknown risks associated with downgrading your device. I am not responsible for what you choose to do with the knowledge you've read in this thread. Some users have reported sending their device into an unrecoverable brick.

Hello!

I have 23A 5.1.1, Kingrooted it..and did something that keeps displaying 'Email has stopped working' and other programs.
I did a factory reset...and it still does this.

If I flash back to the 4.x, will this take the OTA update back to 5.1.1?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones