• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VXLR-OpenAndroid V2.1.2 Stable - Aroma Installer + Custom Options (01/18/2012)

Spz0

Android Expert
May 17, 2012
OR
Taken From:
VXLR-OpenAndroid V2.1.2 Stable - Aroma Installer + Custom Options (01/18/2012) - Droid X Development - RootzWiki

I WILL NOT BE ANSWERING POSTS FROM THIS THREAD. THIS IS JUST FOR REFERENCE ONLY!!

defaultwallpaper2.jpg

VXLR-OA Version 2.1.2 (Vortex/Liberty Reloaded - Open Android)

Please read this post all the way through before installing. This will minimize bug/issue reporting redundancies.

In short, I've picked up where SlothyDX left off on Vortex-Liberty-Reloaded ROM and finished the incomplete parts, as well as adding my own components to it.
Using the Aroma Installer, I've been able to really offer some customization options pre-install and post-install for the end user. Things like 8pt MultiTouch, Disabling Key Lights and more. I've also added an option in the installer to center, or right-align the statusbar clock. Until I can integrate the CM bits for clock centering into the roms customization menu system, this will have to do. Its a little bit buggy, and may require a couple reboots for changes to usually stick, but its functioning.

And again, with Aroma, comes the ability to change those options when you want! Don't like the centered clock after installing the patch? Just load up the installer again through CWM, and instead of choosing the ROM installation, choose "Optional Components" and revert back to normal! Same goes for any other installed optional components. In the future I will be adding more options to the components section of the installer, like 1click Custom OC/UV settings, Custom App install, etc...

I've also fixed up this ROM's Customization Menu. The only issue I had was with the Pulldown Text code. It keeps crashing the statusbar, so for now it will remain disabled.
I removed all the fluff from the install (the nvitems update, logo, kernel, recovery, cdt, cdrom, devtree), so this ROM just installs the system image and the relevant userdata for vortex to run.

Please read Known Bugs/Issues before reporting issues to this thread!

With all that said, here you go.

Current Improvements:
  • -*NEW* Added Optional components to installer.
  • -*NEW* Aroma Installer with Ability to Flash ROM and Optional Components, OR just flash optional components.
  • -*NEW* Fixed Liberty Customization Menu.
  • -Universal carrier bits added (Able to install on multiple carriers with Minimal data issues)
  • -Universal SBF Install (shouldnt matter what SBF version you're on)
  • -Wizards Hijack BootMenu
  • -Updated Apk's
  • -Updated UI
  • -CM7 Generic Mms.apk (for universal carrier aspect)
  • -A Few system tweaks
  • -Lightflow Integration (LED Control)
  • -8pt MultiTouch Enabled
  • -New Boot Animation
What Works:
  • Nearly Everything.
What doesn't Work:
  • Pulldown Text in Customization Menu.
  • Find something that doesnt work then PM me, and Good For You!!
Disclaimer:
The usual.. I claim ZERO responsibility for bricked Devices. If you can't follow instructions or are not sure of how to install a custom ROM, Don't Do It!

Installation:
  • -Boot to CWM
  • -Run Installer
  • -Choose "Complete Format" if coming from a ROM other than VXL, Otherwise choose "Partial Format"
  • -Choose options in installer.
  • -Reboot
  • -Wait
  • -Profit!
Known Issues / Bugs:
  • Aroma Installer has a Bug inherent in it that will freeze the installation if the back button is pressed. This happens only happens on certain phones, and apparently ours is one. Just don't hit the back button. :p If you do, just pull the battery and reboot.
  • When changing Clock Options (incl. first boot), it may be necessary to reboot 2x for changes to take effect. In worst case random scenarios a battery pull may be needed if you encounter a boot loop. Change will take effect on next boot. Does not impede performance. Working on a fix. You may try wiping cache before rebooting as a fix as well.
  • When changing Battery options, the battery animated icon doesnt disappear/reappear right away. To fix this, give it some time, reboot, or change signal status to kickstart the statusbar.
  • CRT OFF Animation has a tendency to not stick when you alter lockscreen settings or reboot the system (bug is intermittent and does not impact performance)
  • Updated version of YouTube causes Google Play Services error. Do not update YouTube -- stick with the stock version loaded on the ROM
Things to Note:
  • -Although the current VXLR themes should flash fine with this build, flashing them will reset the centered clock to default (right). Im not really interested in reworking those current themes myself, so its my hope is that the community will be willing to make themes for this build. Any themes built for this ROM build just need to be submitted to me via PM and I will gladly add them to this thread.
  • -Theres a Wifi Fix for all users NOT on a 621 / 604 Kernel built into the installer. Failure to flash this fix on non-621/604 kernels will result in broken wifi.
​

Download Links:

Main:
VXLR-OpenAndroid V2.1.2 Stable - Aroma Installer + Custom Options (01/18/2012) - Droid X Development

Much Thanks to the Liberty Team and DeVortex for creating a great build, and SlothyDX for keeping the Mod tight! And anyone else who dipped their fingers into this build: Thanks!

~Cheers

Reactions: SacredBloodlin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones