1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Wallpaper image to stay put on homescreens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freefall, Jun 14, 2010.

1. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Hope the title is as it should be. I'm not sure how to put this so I'll try my best.

When you have a picture as your wallpaper do you notice that when sliding between the screens they move ever so slightly?

For example, I have an image of the lion in my avatar perfectly in the centre of my home screen, yet when I move the screen to the left or right it seems to move the image and cut some off. Is there a way around this?

I've seen it on some people's screen shots but I'm not sure how to do it with a picture that you decide to use as a homescreen.

No worries if it can't be done. It would just be nice, that's all.

P.S - Still loving my desire and android!

Advertisement

2. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Bristol
    OK. The image you set as your wallpaper is actually for all 7 screens and not just your main/central screen. As such, when you move left and right to the other screens you scroll across the image slightly.

I believe there is at least one launcher that allows, possibly with another app, to have seperate images on each screen.

Hope that helps :)

3. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Ah, that would make sense. HTC sense that is. Oh so sad. Sorry. Had world cup withdrawals for over an hour.....!

4. dajomel

dajomel Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Bristol
    As an additional point, if you use LauncherPro, you can tell it so keep the background image static :)

Tags: