• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to use Sprint Hero 200 on different Carrier in US

Hi everyone I am new here and I have been looking around for a while.

I found a post titled "Which Us carriers would the Sprint Hero 200 work on" and its pretty clear but it was from 2009 so Im wondering if anything has changed.

I need to get my bill down from 70.00 to 50.00 or 40.00. I have been looking at the carriers in my area but what phone that can be used is confusing and im not sure how much of the "cant use this or that phone on our network" is sales hype or truth.

I have a Hero 200 that I purchased at Best Buy/Sprint and use sprint network.

Keeping in mind that I have this phone Im wondering (if its even possible) which carrier would be easiest to modify the phone to work on.

T-mobile
Virgin mobile
Metro PCS

Thanks for any help
I realize the details of HOW to do this belong in the other forum but for clarification I wanted to post in the general forum first as to not waste space or time in the other forum. If the mod wants to move this that's fine with me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones