• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wanted: voice recording app with flexible storage location selection

aftm

Lurker
Jun 16, 2018
Hello,

I am looking for a voice recording app with a special feature. I tried different apps, but didn't find the desired function.

What I need is this: I want to use the built-in microphone of my smartphone to record musical ideas for different songs. I have created a separate folder for each song, which I want to select before recording. The app should always automatically save the recording in the selected folder without having to manually change the path to the storage location in the app settings before each folder change. Because that's very cumbersome and annoying.

Does anyone know if there is a voice recording app that can do this? Of course, the app should also be able to play the recordings.

Thank you!
Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones