1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Watching videos on the Epic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by _-Jay-_, Dec 15, 2010.

1. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ
    Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that allows me to resume a movie where I left off if I exit out back to the home screen? It's annoying that the movie starts all over from the beginning every time.

Advertisement

2. rosie2490

rosie2490 Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Boston, Ma
    I have this same issue but intermittently. Sometimes it'll save my place, other times it won't. I have a sneaking suspicion it's either some sort of time-out issue or something to do with the cache. That's an uneducated guess though :/

3. TheAlien

TheAlien Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    I've purchased Act1 Video player to solve this problem. It's an excellent player, fairly inexpensive, and actually has a widget to resume the last video you played. In addition, just the normal Act1 Widget takes you to a list of all your videos, shows the total duration of each vid, and the timestamp where you left off on each, allowing you to resume any of the vids where you left off, not just the last one played. I watch a lot of movies on my phone, so this comes in Very handy. Since I couldn't get the stock player to do any of these things, this was an inexpensive fix that I highly recommend.

There's lots of other features, but I don't want this to turn into an ad. Check it out though. It plays almost ANY video format and has lots of options.

_-Jay-_ and rosie2490 like this.
  4. rosie2490

rosie2490 Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Boston, Ma
    Thanks! Ill definitely give that a shot!