1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Weather App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Captain01, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Captain01

Captain01 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Is there a weather app out there that actually works? It seems like every one that I have tried works for a while and then either stops updating or the widget quits working. Just wondering if ya'll had any suggestions. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009

+1, seems like the widget never updates. i'm always in a different city and it's always sunny at night time.

3. cconover

cconover Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Web developer
    Annapolis, MD
    The forecast widget that was reviewed on Phandroid recently works well. You have to purchase the full version for it to auto-update as you travel, but it does what it's supposed to do.

The one thing I don't really like about it is that it takes you to wunderground.com to view more forecast details than the high/low and general conditions for the days that it shows, rather than having a native interface attached to it.

4. erjent

erjent Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    KCLT
    are you talking about the main clock/weather widget?

5. cconover

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Web developer
    Annapolis, MD
  6. erjent

erjent Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    KCLT
    sorry brohism, I was asking Captain01 the question.

7. cconover

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Web developer
    Annapolis, MD
    Oh, my bad :D

Not to be an ass if you already know this, but it's often good practice to use the Quote button in that situation.

8. Captain01

Nov 13, 2009

I am talking about any weather app/widget. I can't seem to find any that work for very long.

9. cconover

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Web developer
    Annapolis, MD
    As I said, the Forecast Widget one I linked to above works very well. There is a free version, but it won't update your location as you travel - you have to get the paid version for that, but it's worth it. I haven't had it crash or stop working at all since I got it, and I've had it since the day that post on Phandroid was put up.

10. Captain01

Nov 13, 2009

thanks for the tip but I think I've already tried that one and the widget quits working after a soft reset. I'll try it again and see what happens. Maybe I just need to get the paid one.

11. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Clearwater, Fl
    I use 2, The Weather Channel I would say is very good, and Weather Bug Elite I would say is excellent. I checked and Weather Bug Elite is working on my phone now but for some reason it is not listed when I do a search in the market.

12. erjent

erjent Active Member

Oct 27, 2009
    KCLT
    You're right brohism. I know better than that.

I use the weather channel app. I feel that they did a really nice job on it. The only widget i use is the main clock/weather one. Make sure that you have "use wireless networks" checked under location settings. I turned it off to save battery, but turned it back on to update the weather in different cities. There wasn't much battery drain for me.

13. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    Use the HTC app, it is very stable and reliable. I have had it on 2 different HTC phones and it has always worked perfectly.

Tags: