• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird coincidence

My little princess (who I'm ALWAYS posting about!), Joy Noelle:

dsc_9259_JoyNoelle_111813.jpg

doesn't exactly have a common name, right?

Well, I was looking around online for Christmas decor and came across this:

And if that's not weird enough, I've known about a web site named JoyNoelle.com for a few years.

:dontknow:

I've had vets complain about my cats' names. I've had Steppenwolf, Lodi, Whiffer-Whaffer, Skateaway, Walk of Life, and now Alphaorionis.

The Vulcan gives them weird nicknames - Alphaorionis is Shoes J Shoes or Johnson, Walkie was either Spuds Grobnick or Ralph, and Skateaway became Habeeb.

Walkie and Skates did recognize their names if we played the Dire Straits songs.

The Siamese' right name is Cinnamon - she is referred to as THE Meez. The longhaired feral is Saffron, but we call her Fluffbutt. They were the kid's cats. I inherited them.

Poor Alpha gets the worst of it - daughter referred to her as Gladys Kravits, Delta a$$, Mailbox A$$ or Triangle A$$. The cat is a yakker and if we went on vacation, kid got the worst of it. You have to meow back at her for at least 5 minutes before she shuts up.

Reactions: huh
Upvote 0
I've had vets complain about my cats' names. I've had Steppenwolf, Lodi, Whiffer-Whaffer, Skateaway, Walk of Life, and now Alphaorionis.

The Vulcan gives them weird nicknames - Alphaorionis is Shoes J Shoes or Johnson, Walkie was either Spuds Grobnick or Ralph, and Skateaway became Habeeb.
That's hilarious. :D I give all my pets 'unusual' names, too, but I think it's weird when people give their pets 'normal' pet names. Among mine were Freddie Mercury and his sister, Queen (Great Danes), Wilshire Coronado (my favorite cat of all time, named for the intersection in downtown LA where I found him), Maggie May (for my favorite Rod Stewart song), and many others!

Walkie and Skates did recognize their names if we played the Dire Straits songs.
I was going to ask if those were Dire Straits inspired. :)

The Siamese' right name is Cinnamon - she is referred to as THE Meez. The longhaired feral is Saffron, but we call her Fluffbutt. They were the kid's cats. I inherited them.
Don't you love parenthood?!

Poor Alpha gets the worst of it - daughter referred to her as Gladys Kravits, Delta a$$, Mailbox A$$ or Triangle A$$. The cat is a yakker and if we went on vacation, kid got the worst of it. You have to meow back at her for at least 5 minutes before she shuts up.
Oh my goodness...Gladys Kravits? :eek: Could be worse, I suppose. Like Ralph Kramden or something. :laugh:

Upvote 0
Kid liked Dire Straits. She had a stuffed Siamese toy with that name. Alpha is a Gladys Kravitz. She has to know and comment about anything going on. She sits on the counter while I do dishes and rubs all over the pepper mill.

I had to dissuade kid from naming Skateaway "Money for Nothing"

Lodi was CCR.

Steppenwolf was a polydactyl 7,7,6 and 5. Plus she looked like and acted like a magic carpet ride. Cat hallucinated - spend all day watching an imaginary bug walking up the wall.

Upvote 0
Kid liked Dire Straits. She had a stuffed Siamese toy with that name. Alpha is a Gladys Kravitz. She has to know and comment about anything going on. She sits on the counter while I do dishes and rubs all over the pepper mill.
That's funny.

I remember how beautiful Mark Knopfler's eyes looked in that video. :D

Lodi was CCR.
Love CCR!

Steppenwolf was a polydactyl 7,7,6 and 5. Plus she looked like and acted like a magic carpet ride. Cat hallucinated - spend all day watching an imaginary bug walking up the wall.
Oh my. :eek:

Upvote 0

Lodi was CCR.

OMG ! Gladys Kravitz

I think I love you!:)

but don't get all exited or stalk me:D:D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones