• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Problem: Podcast (Ira Glass!) starts playing on every email notification

sheepish

Lurker
Jul 6, 2011
I recently rooted my T-Mobile myTouch 4G to Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) and then retrieved apps and data through App Backup (App Backup & Reinstall for Android | AppBrain.com). It has been great so far except for one weird, nagging problem.

Every time I get an email notification, the same podcast starts playing. So, every few minutes, if my phone isn't on vibrate mode, I hear Ira Glass from This American Life talking about Van Halen and brown M&Ms. Same podcast... every damn time!

I have tried playing with the personalized and sound settings on my phone. I also deleted the podcast file on my phone but the problem persists.

I love This American Life but after hearing Ira's voice repeat the same f@#$ing thing... I'm going to kill the next upper-middle class person with an existential crisis that I find.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones