• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just e-mailed Sprint today asking them if they had an estimated release date yet for Android 2.1 for the Samsung Moment and I got this reply:

Currently, The Android version 2.1 for the HTC Hero is available. The
Android version 2.1 for the Samsung Moment is not available. To view
phones offered by Sprint, please click on the link given below:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones

Thank you for emailing us.

Sincerely,
Nessa P.
Sprint.

So apparently it's available and they didn't tell anyone but me?

Thanks for the LOL; Nessa P. be knowin' her shit.

Upvote 0
You know this really sucks ass, everyone on here as got a different answer by a SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THATS NOT RIGHT. We should tried to email the CEO and telling him everything we been goin thru with our cell. Or better yet we should all go and returned the HERO and then they will get the message. lol

I'm not even upset with my phone at all honestly.. just be a little patient, the update will get here eventually

Upvote 0
Ok, so I was down at the plaza the other day and ran into Dan Hesse. He was all like "I'm Dan Hesse CEO of Sprint" so I responded "I'm Sorce, a random guy from the internet". Then he told me that he likes the internet and from that point on we became best friends. We rode bikes and flew kites together. At this point I casually asked him when the Hero update was coming out. Then he got angry and pulled out a gun and tried to shoot me, I quickly dodged behind a tree, strapped the kites to my arms and flew away. Sad that he lost his best friend I heard him yell 2 Weeks as I flew away into the sunset. Then I got hit by a passing plane and finally managed to get free only to fall into a pit of lions at the zoo. I was saved by Gary Coleman and Chuck Norris and we rode elephants to safety.

So there you have it, right from the mouth of the CEO, 2 weeks.

Reactions: mrkniceguy and 330D
Upvote 0
I have been running the fresh rom 2.0d for days now. I can truly say having 2.1 versus the 1.5 has not changed my life in any significant way. The market looks different and automatically tells you what needs an update. Thats about all i've really run across that i've used in 2.1 any differently. I understand i'm not the majority but the novelty will wear off quickly for most once you get it. What then will you speculate about for threads on end :) ?

Upvote 0
IMHO, we need Clinton back in office.

Why, is your real name "Monica"? :D

No, not quite but Clinton was a great president imo. He put a lot of good things in motion and he was good for businesses. I'm a firm believer that he handled the Bosnian/Somalian issues well too but all this is irrelevant to Android lol

Wrong thread, but I'll say it anyway...

Clinton ruined a dress...

Obama ruined a nation!

Upvote 0
I said it when Obama won the election that we're gonna be in the shitter for the 4 yrs he's in office but not because he caused it but b/c the moron hillbilly president before him really effed us up on a large scale. I'm confident that Obama will at least set us in the proper direction but we can't afford another Republican in office next term. We should start a politics thread, lmfao.

Reactions: centauress
Upvote 0
I think there is one... I would spend way to much time butting heads on that, so I haven't even looked for it.
wink.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones