• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WFS PRL hack for better data speeds

Followed the prl instructions. My phone rebooted just fine. But haven't tested it yet.

It got vague at point 10B, maybe due to type of OS (Im on Windows 7). In Device Manager there was a unknown htcdiag device, i right-clicked > update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick... > I don't remember exactly niow, but I list of device types came up, and I picked "Modems", and then browsed to the unzipped htcdiag folder and installed the driver. From there on, I followed the instructions strictly

Upvote 0
I got some pretty fantastic results from this

my best speed post-hack
partial list of results

the first image is my best, out of about 5 tests post-PRL hack
the second image is the shot of the top half of the list of all results

basically, my d/ls pre-hack averaged around 400kb, my high score pre-hack was 800kb.

now I average around 1mbps, with of course some "off" results here and there, but generally, quite a boost with the hack.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones