• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are all these problems people keep posting about?

rahuldang

Jun 3, 2010
I have yet to experience any kind of problem with my evo, including battery. actually my battery is great. with a full day of web browsing, youtube, music with wifi on im still left with 55% or so 12 hours later. yes yes, i know i dont speak for everyone, but every time i come on these forums there are soooo many posts about problems upon problems upon problems! does your device experience any problems? thanks for any and all answers!!

I hear ya, mine has been awsome. Now I can understand and feel bad for the people with battery problems. There are so many tweaks and things you can do to make it better or worse. I guess I'm an android nut, I'm on the mend from an accident so I have too much time to research stuff. For the people with problems hopefully you can resolve them or find a friend who can help you. Especially if this is your first android phone. Now unfortunatly with any new phone like this I'm sure there are plenty of defective models I just hope people give it a second chance because I couldn't be happier. I love my battery life and camera. Handcent rocks compared to my old palm texting. Sorry to ramble on but stick with it I'm sure you will love it too.

Upvote 0
Are you using 4G? We are seeing SERIOUS 4G drain issues while it "scans" for 4G networks. Funny thing is, this draining doesn't seem to happen when you're actually on 4G!

There might even be a bad batch of batteries out there.

Most complaints are minor or a direct result of the user. And then theres people that can never be satisfied.
Wow. The people who are returning their units because the bottom screen is coming apart are just "never satisfied?" That's a ballsy statement. Instead, you should park your fanboy attitude and realize its just mass produced technology, its not a religion, and stuff breaks, ships broken, has bad batches, etc.

Upvote 0
Also, its important to realize the psychology of posting on a web board. You are motivated when you want to complain, thus there's more complaining than praise because when you're content you don't run to the browser to post "Everything is ok. Good night." These boards are not scientific surveys.

Not to mention, people complain and ask about problems to see if other people are having the same problem. Its important to figure out if its just your device or not and if someone did experience it, how they fixed it.

Reactions: jadoe05
Upvote 0
Haven't had any screen "rising" issues...but, might have to return mine for a few others.

1) Noticed today a couple of green...blotches? under the screen. They aren't too noticeable on certain screens, but on anything lightly colored or white they show up as an ugly yellow.

2) I've suddenly started having issues with launching apps...or, I should say...not launching them in some cases. It kinda varies, actually. Every so often I'll click an app, it'll highlight green for over a minute, and then not launch. Slightly more common though, I click on an app, it starts to launch, and then the phone totally reboots. Especially with the navigation apps. Screen just goes black and a moment later I get the HTC EVO4G boot screen.

Had to wait a week to get mine, so pretty upset that the phone I was so in love with lastnight is already having issues. Especially since I bought and went through the pain in the neck of installing an InvisibleSHIELD....just to have to wait to get my phone replaced, and then buy a new shield and install it.

Still think it's a great phone...just a bit upset that mine is acting up.

Also, Android newb here but, is it supposed to just randomly run apps in the background on its own? I check my Task Manager every few minutes, and it always seems like apps that I never use or have reason to use are randomly running in the task list. Is it supposed to do that?:thinking:

Upvote 0
I think that people will naturally scrutinize a phone if they spent a lot for it and expect a high level of build quality. It makes sense - we all want a perfect device but unfortunately with a high demand phone comes high pressure for the manufacturing plant to make their numbers (at least there were no reported suicides like foxconn) and sometimes quality just suffers a bit.

As for me - I've said this in my other post - I'm coming from a Palm Pre. You think THIS evo has hardware problems??? LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones