• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are these sync settings of my google account?

Seks

Dec 31, 2013
4.3 S4

SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > GOOGLE > ACCOUNTS (name@hotmail.ca)

I see the following:

SYNC APP DATA
SYNC CALENDAR
SYNC CONTACTS
SYNC DRIVE
SYNC GOOGLE PHOTOS
SYNC GOOGLE+
SYNC GOOGLE+ AUTO BACKUP
SYNC PEOPLE DETAILS
SYNC PICASA WEB ALBUMS

I know that SYNC CALENDAR works with S-Planner. SYNC CONTACTS...well it's just the contacts.

What exactly are the others?

Do one or some of them have to do with my Google+ auto backup of photos and videos to my google drive (name@hotmail.ca) not working? Please refer to my thread:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/816421-google-autobackup-not-working.html

Tnx.

You can enable or disable what Google services you want to sync on a specific device basis.

For example you may want your Google account on a child's device to simplify app purchasing and location of it, but you do not want your email alerts or calender sending alerts or syncing back to your account so you would disable the services on the child's device.

You may own a tablet and a phone but only want your gmail alerts to go to your phone so you would disable gmail sync on your tablet.

If you are having issues with any of the given Google services you need to make sure you have launched the appropriate related app on the device at least once to confirm any type of login or sharing of data, sometimes it can help to clear the cache of the service in question, and under the same sync settings you can force the service to sync right away if it seems to be lagging behind.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones