• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what can i do to make my triumph faster?

Hey everyone. Sorry to have to ask this as i'm sure it's been asked a bunch of times here.

My Triumph is about a year old and running CM7. I am starting to get slow button response time and frequently have to wait on it quite a bit. The internal memory free frequently gets below 50Mb.

What can I do to speed this up a little bit. Is there some kind of guide or thread addressing this? (deleteing files, messages, emails). I have been searching for the last half hour and can't find anything close to what i'm looking for.

For reference, here are some current specs on my phone.

SD Card storage free: 9.15GB
Internal Storage Free: 215 Mb
Internal memory free:50Mb

Thanks. Jerry.

Hey everyone. Sorry to have to ask this as i'm sure it's been asked a bunch of times here.

My Triumph is about a year old and running CM7. I am starting to get slow button response time and frequently have to wait on it quite a bit. The internal memory free frequently gets below 50Mb.

What can I do to speed this up a little bit. Is there some kind of guide or thread addressing this? (deleteing files, messages, emails). I have been searching for the last half hour and can't find anything close to what i'm looking for.

For reference, here are some current specs on my phone.

SD Card storage free: 9.15GB
Internal Storage Free: 215 Mb
Internal memory free:50Mb

Thanks. Jerry.

I'll give you a few tips that have helped me is the past. Go through your apps and delete the ones you don't use. Make sure the apps are moved to your sd storage. Check you Running Services and see all the apps that are running in the background, you dont want too many on this list. Having many widgets can also slow down your phone, so can live wallpapers. Use DiskUsage app from the Play Store, which pin points what exactly is taking up so much storage on your internal and external storage. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones