• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What case do you have on your Droid Charge?

Share - What case is covering your beloved Samsung Droid Charge?
QUOTE]

I got the shell/holster combo available in the Verizon store by Samsung. It actually is a perfect fit. Samsung obviously knows the dimensions of the phone. There are openings in the shell to allow access to the USB, HDMI, power button, and volume controls so you can access the buttons and charge without taking the phone out of the shell. The shell slides right into the holster. The holster also has a kickstand built into the shell, which is neat.

It might be overpriced at $29.99, but it's a natural fit for the Droid Charge.

I like it. It affords protection and gives me easy access to my Droid Charge.

So that would be this one that's only $13 on amazon? Sounds like a pretty complete setup.
Amazon.com: Samsung Droid Charge Shell/Holster Combo W/ Kickstand: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I finally heard back from Otterbox and the customer service rep said that the Defender series was in production but she didn't know what the release date was. Her best advice was to go to their website and sign up for email notifications for the SC product line. I would post her email, except that they have a confidentiality disclaimer at the bottom of it explicitly stating that you can't. And out of respect of that I didn't. ;)

Cheers,

Brew

Reactions: draedie
Upvote 0
I bought the $29.99 Hawk VZW case, it does not work with the bedside dock charger. You have to pull it out of the case to charge the CHARGE. Not to difficult of a task to remove. My chief complaint is that it kind of rubs your hand funny at the bottom of the phone when installed, it creates a ridge that does not transition very well. The Hawk does protect the phone wonderfully, but the silicone types that wrap around the whole phone look more comfortable to grip, IMO.

Upvote 0
I've got the extended battery too. I haven't used it yet cause I wanna see how well the standard performs. So far I get 5-10 more hours out of it than with my Indulge. I plug it up once a day where I'd be plugging the Indulge up every chance I got. It's not much thicker than the Indulge with the extended...though the Indulge had a slide out sqwerty.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Share - What case is covering your beloved Samsung Droid Charge?
QUOTE]

I got the shell/holster combo available in the Verizon store by Samsung. It actually is a perfect fit. Samsung obviously knows the dimensions of the phone. There are openings in the shell to allow access to the USB, HDMI, power button, and volume controls so you can access the buttons and charge without taking the phone out of the shell. The shell slides right into the holster. The holster also has a kickstand built into the shell, which is neat.

It might be overpriced at $29.99, but it's a natural fit for the Droid Charge.

I like it. It affords protection and gives me easy access to my Droid Charge.

Like Maelstrom' says, the shell/hoster that VZW store sells is actually pretty nice. I like it for what I need it for. However, there's no top and bottom phone protection but there is a kick stand which comes in handy. Also, this case is a rubberized hard case material (which I've had on my other phone before) and would probably crack if dropped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones