• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What condition are your Desires in & how long have you had them? :)

Actually my back button seems to have accumulated some surface scratches.

I bet my desire is the worst condition out of everyones here. Everyone else is pristine or almost pristine.

I'm not far off the point where I would change the casing :)

I think i could give you a run for your money lol dropped mine loads of times, in surprisingly decent condition still mind, just some chips and dents. The amount of times i have expected to pick it up and find a cracked screen lol very good build quality, has took more of a battering that my previous non smart phones and has lasted longer

Upvote 0
Lmao @GingaB :D and mines in pretty good condition. Just the usual marks and dints from a teenage lad :D

My dad however has a legend and he has dropped it countless times, covered in water seven times, water damaged badly three and we've had it to the shop once for a complete fix (the only time I couldn't get it working).

Oh and our family friends adopted 4 year old took a pair of scissors to the screen :)

Upvote 0
Had mine 12months, had a screen protector on from day one, never dropped. but i do keep it in the sapme pocket as my coins....

1002178.jpg
this pic is a few months ago

Upvote 0
lol, its about the same tbh, i think the damage has been done! the phone operates 100% perfect. I havent treated it badly (no different to any other phone i have had and they are all perfect cosmetically) so i was a bit gutted when this started to happen, I felt there was no point getting a cover as the damage had been done. Damn good phone though!

Upvote 0
lol, its about the same tbh, i think the damage has been done! the phone operates 100% perfect. I havent treated it badly (no different to any other phone i have had and they are all perfect cosmetically) so i was a bit gutted when this started to happen, I felt there was no point getting a cover as the damage had been done. Damn good phone though!

Actually if I'm honest I have some pretty bad cosmetic damage in the same place as you, just not as bad. Only the very corner, and a little bit along the edge.

Upvote 0
had my phone from day1 pristine condition then again I keep it in a case only one problem I have and that is if I use copilot satnav in car then it overheats.
Sent it for repair but was returned 2 weeks later stating basically there was nothing wrong with it so not returning it for repair again I would not trust the Spanish HTC to repair or clean my shoes

Upvote 0

your other phones were probably abs plastic where as this is brushed aluminium

Upvote 0
had mine since December 2010 and is in near pristine condition, its got a couple of minute scratches along the top left corner, this is from removing the hard case every night to place into my dock, i've changed to a silicone one now to stop this happening.
and i always make sure my hands are clean before touching it, like with eating greasy food, i would rather mess an expensive pair of jeans up than my precious!!! :D

Upvote 0
had mine since December 2010 and is in near pristine condition, its got a couple of minute scratches along the top left corner, this is from removing the hard case every night to place into my dock, i've changed to a silicone one now to stop this happening.
and i always make sure my hands are clean before touching it, like with eating greasy food, i would rather mess an expensive pair of jeans up than my precious!!! :D

Lol yeah me too. I think my marks are from keep removing it from the hard case, also one of the small clips that keeps the back on towards the bottom has snapped off because the hard case keps getting under the bottom of the battery door when i was removing the case and from repetitively pulling it up, the clip broke so the back isnt as secure anymore :(

Upvote 0
Ive had my Desire for a year now and its still in pristine condition. No knocks, scratches or blemishes at all. Having a sturdy gel case helped immensely aswell but most importantly I always reserved left jean pocket solely for the phone.. Its a no fly zone for coins or keys lol

As for the metal strip... Both sides of the metal part is equally flush

Exactly the same for me. Still tip top after a year and looked after in the same way.

Upvote 0
Dropped mine a few times, nothing too serious, other than the swim it took. It works perfectly fine. Only a few tiny scratches on the screen, that are tough to notice. The back button is starting to wear a little though. I use a gel case and go bare on the screen.

And, like everyone else, the plastic camera lens has a few nice scratches on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones