• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do your X Screens look like?

2mnlyc2.jpg

here is mine currently with the Droid 2 live wallpaper.. well, the live doesn't really translate well in a screenshot.

Droid 2 wallpaper

Upvote 0
Nah, I wish it functioned like a contact. It's just a picture frame widget of my gf. I don't think she'd appreciate me posting her picture around the forums haha...especially since she's a blackberry user.
Yeah I figured the heart was to just cover up the person but drats, was really hoping it was some sort of contact widget. Coming from a WinMo phone previously I used SPB Mobile Shell 3 and I sure miss being able to customize my Contacts screen the way I wanted, choosing from small/medium/large size pictures :( Oh well, that's certainly one thing Android is sorely lacking.....hi-res larger sized contact pics! Ok I'm done ranting hahah thx.

Upvote 0
2mnlyc2.jpg

here is mine currently with the Droid 2 live wallpaper.. well, the live doesn't really translate well in a screenshot.

I'm trying to get my dock to look like this, except I'm having issues with the eye icon. I choose it as a custom icon on the dock, but after applying the icon it displays with a dark square background instead of the round icon. Is there a trick to getting the icon to display properly?

For reference, here's a screen of what it looks like on my phone.

eyedevice.png

Thanks in advance for the help.

Upvote 0
Gnome, that is truly one badass setup. I think I might just try to mimick some of that style once my Droid arrives haha.

I always wanted a black and white theme, now that I figured out how to change the framework apk and modify other icons in some apps i finally got it. Also, big thanks to Fab, I'm using the revolution theme that he posted.

Upvote 0
Widget Locker is so buggy! The stock slider lock was on my phone.. I'm assuming because I didn't use my phone for a few hours. The Widget Locker icon was still in the notification bar too. I had to reopen the app for Widget Locker to work correctly again.

I'm debating whether to keep Widget Locker which is lag free or go back to the stock lag version.

jhrg54.jpg
Turn off your stock lock screen (in your android settings/security). Also, make sure that WidgetLocker is set to your default for the home button (find this in WidgetLocker settings).

I had the same issue until I changed these two settings; now I love it!!

I changed my left screen and applied a new theme today.

snap20100811_132230.png

My homescreens from left to right.

28690189.png
80396733.png
76557322.png
homecm.png
64282087.png
35599969.png
26845986.png

A night when the Giants win a game too haha
What's that icon pack called? Where can I find it? thanks!!

Reactions: john0821
Upvote 0
I love the wallpaper, mind posting it?
I wouldn't mind sharing at all but my phone has other ideas. I went into my gallery to get it but for some reason, more than half of my pictures are gone.

I got it off Flikie Wallpaper if you want to search for it yourself.

Those are fantastic! I can't wait to get my X and get started. Coming from a Storm 2 this looks a little overwhelming but I've read some informative posts and learn a little something every time I log in!:)
Thanks. I came from a storm 1, and it was overwhelming intially. This forum definitely helped me learn a lot about Android and it's awesomeness.

Reactions: chrlswltrs
Upvote 0
I love the wallpaper, mind posting it?

I saw that one last night on Flikie and DL'ed it for later. I think the category was Bridges at Night, or Lighted Bridges...do a search and you should be able to find it pretty easily. They also have some cool Golden Gate bridge ones, but once you set them, all you see is like one tower. Even with cropping, it's a bit off. This one is cool, though.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to get my dock to look like this, except I'm having issues with the eye icon. I choose it as a custom icon on the dock, but after applying the icon it displays with a dark square background instead of the round icon. Is there a trick to getting the icon to display properly?

For reference, here's a screen of what it looks like on my phone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

r9jzn7.jpg

maybe try this picture though you might need to turn the jpg to a png. or you might have to long press the icon in the dock, set it to blank, then re-input the icon and picture

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones