• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happens if the Karma runs out of batteries in mid air?

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I won't lie- I'm a little bit worried about this but it seems GoPro has it covered. If your Karma battery gets low while flying it will attempt to return to the launch location and land. You can, however, cancel this automatic landing and continue flying the drone despite these warnings. Eventually you'll reach critical battery levels and the Karma will slowly descend in-place, regardless of where it is.

That's great that it forces a smooth landing instead of just falling out of the sky, but I'm wondering how often things don't go as planned. Perhaps the drone loses connection to the controller or can't find GPS or has some other technical difficulty.

karma-battery-low.jpeg

I see people flying over cities and other places which makes me nervous. I'm only going to be flying in the wilderness, at least at first, to get comfortable with flying. Eventually I'll graduate to other places, but I'm sure I'll be hesitant at first.

Does this concern any other first-time drone owners?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones