• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happens when I get a new phone?

jtballer

Lurker
Aug 6, 2010
Are apps tied to the google account on the phone so that when you get a new phone your apps will show up in the market to download? Or would you have to go through and find each app again and download it? Paid apps that you've already bought will of course show up for free right?

Are apps tied to the google account on the phone so that when you get a new phone your apps will show up in the market to download? Or would you have to go through and find each app again and download it? Paid apps that you've already bought will of course show up for free right?

Apps are attached to google email so once you use the google email address you used for previous phone, all the paid apps will be available to download at no extra charge. Just go to the download list and they will all be there in one location.

Reactions: jtballer
Upvote 0
Sweet, that's what I thought. Is that the same for free apps, or are they not tied to the email account?

With free apps it is a different story I believe. I would suggest that you make a list of all the apps that you have (or at least want to keep) on the first phone just so that if you do not see them in your download list you know where to go to find them. I do that with mine. It may be overkill to some, but at least I know which ones i am looking for without having to guesstimate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones