• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What i was told by walmart!!!!!!!

I went to walmart today to buy a code from Straight Talk so i can use my droid bionic on their network off of verizon towers. I was told that i could use the bionic and if for some reason it doesnt work try and use AT&T sim card????

Ok i thought that my phone as i was told when i purchased it was a cmda phone not a gsm phone so how is this possible to convert it with a sim card????

Not sure now im more confused then ever.

Thanks in advance

They were probably thinking it was a verizon world phone that holds 4g GSM antennas in it so their phones can roam on GSM networks when traveling abroad. The bionic however was one of the phones that was right before verizon implemented the GSM radios into most if not all their phones. Your best and only shot is buying a CDMA code from straight talk.

Upvote 0
A quick look at the device specs, there does seem to be GSM radios in the Bionic. However, from what I've seen it doesn't support any common US frequencies. It seems to support GSM/EDGE 900/1800 and UMTS 2100. AT&T and T-Mobile use 850/1900 for GSM/EDGE and 850/1700/1900 for UMTS. So using it as a GSM device seems impossible. :(

Since this is about the Droid Bionic's capabilities, I've moved it to the Bionic forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones