• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is the most stable ROM for the Thunderbolt?

The Absolute

Apr 9, 2010
Cibolo, TX
Sorry if already posted!

I just upgraded to the Bolt on Thursday but having a OG Droid that was rooted forever I want the same from my Bolt. What ROM is the best to use in everyone's opinion? Should I wait to root for a better version? I'm ready but I want to make sure the ROMs good to go (bugless as they can be at this point)

at the moment they are all based off of the .9 leak so they are all basically the same... some just have more removed/added... nothing is broke in any of them... I personally prefer perfect storm by chingy cause I'm coming from incredibly reengineered ... once a stable AOSP kernel is made you will have CM7 and MIUI I'm sure... but we have the phone interface everyone wants .. sense 2.0

Upvote 0
I've been using BAMF since its first version and have been upgrading it as updates are made, which has been very quick by the way.

Right now I'm running 1.3.2 with the 1.2ghz smartass kernel. So far its been as stable as a rock, super quick, snappy and good battery life. Tried it with the 1.8ghz kernel which works great with it as well. 1.8 is overkill IMO, I ran it at 1.38 high, and as low as the min would let me go with 'on demand' governor mostly.

Upvote 0
I've been using BAMF since its first version and have been upgrading it as updates are made, which has been very quick by the way.

Right now I'm running 1.3.2 with the 1.2ghz smartass kernel. So far its been as stable as a rock, super quick, snappy and good battery life. Tried it with the 1.8ghz kernel which works great with it as well. 1.8 is overkill IMO, I ran it at 1.38 high, and as low as the min would let me go with 'on demand' governor mostly.

What's your battery life with the 1.2 and the 1.8 kernels? What's your usage like?

Upvote 0
I came from the OG Droid and thought I would hate Sense but I have found it very useful. If I use CyanogenMod 7 for Thunderbolt when it comes out is there a way to install Sense with it?

Unfortunately no. The framework is completely different. The more likely scenario will be seeing a few CM type features added to a Sense ROM. Sense is not just something that you can take and load on top of another ROM.

Reactions: rexdog1888
Upvote 0
What's your battery life with the 1.2 and the 1.8 kernels? What's your usage like?

With the 1.2 setting as pre-loaded, ill have about 70% battery left after almost 12hrs. That includes probably 10-15 texts, probably 30-45min of YouTube and/or angry birds, couple phone calls and another 30min forums, ESPN, news etc. Usually about 1/2% battery drop per hour on standby.

With the 1.8 set at 'on demand' running 1.38ghz and 230mhz I'd be at about 50% battery after the same usage. Most was due to roughly 2% battery drop per hour.

Reactions: Bearly
Upvote 0
someday... htc devices will get official 2.3 with sense(or maybe not with current rumors of ice cream :eek:).

so if the TB isnt one of the first devices for a 2.3 upgrade,it will get ported to it by developers. you will have it one way or another. eventually. :)

^^^This, the devs for these phones are awesome. They are always pushing themselves and the phones. Hell we had 2.3 on our OG Droids about 3 months before the TB launched, and the OG Droid will probably never see an official 2.3 release.

Upvote 0
With the 1.2 setting as pre-loaded, ill have about 70% battery left after almost 12hrs. That includes probably 10-15 texts, probably 30-45min of YouTube and/or angry birds, couple phone calls and another 30min forums, ESPN, news etc. Usually about 1/2% battery drop per hour on standby.

With the 1.8 set at 'on demand' running 1.38ghz and 230mhz I'd be at about 50% battery after the same usage. Most was due to roughly 2% battery drop per hour.

Wow. Might have to get a TB...:p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
of the stock based roms,i had the best battery on froyo tesla coil. bamf stripped wasnt so bad either. i have had the worse,and best battery life to date on cm7,as it progresses :)

Edit: I can't decide. Tesla looks alright, I've been reading some very mixed reports about BAMF, and CM7 I've read has been giving people a whole lot of bootloops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones