1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what is the point?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fearfeasog, Sep 25, 2014.

1. fearfeasog

fearfeasog Member

..of having the ability to display the date on the clock widget when there's not enough space to display it? Or am I missing a setting?

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Change to a different widget size, I don't have any issues with what I am using.

3. fearfeasog

fearfeasog Member

Er. Are you on nova? Can you post a screenshot? I tried changing the columns from 4 to 5 and it made it worse.

4. AZgl1500

First, let's get on the Same Page, ie, which widget are you having trouble with.

show me a screen shot of that one for comparison to what I have.

One of the Nova widgets 4x1 clock widgets shows the time, day, month, but not the actual day of the month.... makes that widget useless.

My Home Page widget, for the top of the screen is the Weather 4x2 widget. It is sourced to AccuWeather and I have it set for 1 hour updates, Auto Update if the phone is unlocked and on the Home Page. I enjoy this widget simply because it gives me an instant snapshot of the current wx conditions and the Date/Time all at once.

Attached Files:

5. fearfeasog

fearfeasog Member

[​IMG]

yes it's the 4 x 1 nova. dammit. that really bugs me! :p those dots after "September" make it look like the date is missing.

I don't really want a weather app based widget because I turn off my data and wifi so much it wouldn't be useful. any other recommendations for a clock widget that looks simple like the nova 4 x 1? i really like the look of that one.

(ps sorry the pic is so big!)

6. AZgl1500

Well, I was just piddling around with the Nova launcher features and on a blank home page decided to add some stuff.

Try this, Long Press, Nova Actions, Toggle Notification Bar

that new icon will toggle off the Notification bar giving us a Full Screen display. I like it.

Then I got to wondering, what if I swipe down?

Well, it brought down the full Notifications page, AND I only had to swipe down about half way!

That is a hell of a lot easier than the original Notification Bar which refuses to stay down unless I hold my finger in one corner for a few seconds.

I'm going to leave it toggled off.
    Now, when that bar comes down, there is the Day/Month/Date and Time and very readable.

good nuff for me.

7. fearfeasog

fearfeasog Member

hmmm. that's cool. doesn't work the same for me, but whatevs.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews