• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What Kind of ROM Work Would You Like To See Next

admn81

Android Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2010
MN
I was going to start a poll, but figured there are too many different ideas to create an accurate poll. The title of thread is self explanatory so what does everyone think?

If any other dev sees this thread and is interested, feel free to post a reply :)

In such a case it is better to repeat than to stay silent. ICS without any UI enhancements; however, a themeable one and themes :)

Can u clarify what u meant about "in such a case it is better to repeat than to stay silent"?

I also agree with you barsdj, this phone should be capable or running both. I thought ur boy weblexa is doing an miui? Id say I'm partial to an AOSP myself. I'm gonna wait for more feedback then pass this info onto the dev's and see what we can get going! :)

Upvote 0
Can u clarify what u meant about "in such a case it is better to repeat than to stay silent"?

I also agree with you barsdj, this phone should be capable or running both. I thought ur boy weblexa is doing an miui? Id say I'm partial to an AOSP myself. I'm gonna wait for more feedback then pass this info onto the dev's and see what we can get going! :)

Referring to people reading this thread, but not posting. Anytime a "what would you like to see" thread pops up on a forum for a lightly supported phone, if everyone does not post, even to say something already mentioned, it makes it look like we have no interest from users, which in turn creates no interest from developers.

So, it is better to repeat what is already mentioned, than to stay quiet and lose the attention of developers that might be trolling these forums to see if there might be interest in their work.

Reactions: likenokevin
Upvote 0
Findo, I'd agree with you entirely there about people needing to speak up about their preferences/wishes for development.

MrB. I hope you can get this to work for ya since the kernel issue was discovered.

Unfortunately for us we've had to recruit every dev but MT who fortunately had a spec :)
I'm gonna do as much a I can to get as many devs for us as I can and I hope others care enough to do the same. I'd say based on what I've seen from this community so far, getting D2A and Web a device we have nothing to worry about! I am confident that given some more time, we will have an awesome amount of dev support.

Upvote 0
Aside from ROM

I see "I bricked my phone" or "lost my esn or id" way more than other phones I've rooted, ran re stock ROM rd.
(vm670, sprint hero, i727 sky rocket, Rezound) none of these had this sword hanging. What gives do we need a more standardized write up or tools?

Is this just me or others also have these concerns?

Upvote 0
Aside from ROM

I see "I bricked my phone" or "lost my esn or id" way more than other phones I've rooted, ran re stock ROM rd.
(vm670, sprint hero, i727 sky rocket, Rezound) none of these had this sword hanging. What gives do we need a more standardized write up or tools?

The "lost my esn" is only due to people flashing the ICS leak that didnt have a stable method of flashing it. To be honest I've not really seen too many "I've bricked my phone" threads here and I hope I NEVER see any of them here!

By the way I love all of the responses guys!!! Keep 'em coming!

Reactions: badrsj
Upvote 0
The "lost my esn" is only due to people flashing the ICS leak that didnt have a stable method of flashing it. To be honest I've not really seen too many "I've bricked my phone" threads here and I hope I NEVER see any of them here!

By the way I love all of the responses guys!!! Keep 'em coming!

That is reassuring/ maybe I've been reading more of those than I should :)

Upvote 0
Aside from ROM<br />
<br />
I see "I bricked my phone" or "lost my esn or id" way more than other phones I've rooted, ran re stock ROM rd.<br />
(vm670, sprint hero, i727 sky rocket, Rezound) none of these had this sword hanging. What gives do we need a more standardized write up or tools?<br />
<br />
Unlike phones with locked bootloaders, this phone doesn't have a stock recovery so if you flash a bad rom, nothing boots and the phone is literally a brick. If you flash a bad rom on other phones, there's the stock recovery to fall back on for sbf recovery.

Reactions: badrsj
Upvote 0
Id love to see cm7 and cm9. With cm7 i would port joyos mookeos and lewaos for us to play with. If we cot cm9 i wpuld attempt to get aokp ported. Im no skilled dev.. but im decent with porting if i have a solid base rom to start with.

Also a lg ics would be nice to play with. And if this phone can pick up alot more support i would love someone to attempt a htc sense port. The spectrum is almost identical to quite a few htc's hardware wise.. it would just take skills to get htcs code to work properly

Reactions: tml478
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones