• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what makes this app unmoveable?

I have a samsung admire with very limited space and this collectable card game I like to play takes up 1/3 of my available memory, but yet no app I have tried - even with root permissions - can move the thing to my sd card.

Its on the market as a free app - legend of the cryptids

Can anyone take a look at this and tell me what exactly makes it unmoveable and where would I begin looking to try my own hand at forcing it to the sd card?

I mean, if we can move most of the system os apps, surely a game has to be moveable somehow, right?

Try setting up link2sd.

I have tried them all and this one app they just cant move, but i gave this a shot and got:

" ! failure

pkg:/data/app-private/jp.co.applibot.legend.android-1.apk

failure

[install_failed_invalid_apk]

I finally found a work around - using this app I saw a "convert to system app" setting for legends using install2sd. I did that, then converted it back to a regular application and finally was able to move it to the sd card.

I blame shoddy application development, but this trick did it.

THANK YOU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones